5 tips for children to master problem solving:
1. Begin early with teaching kids how to solve problems and encourage giving new things a go when they feel daunted;
2. Encourage kids to solve problems independently;
3. If need be provide assistance to kids by talking through a problem together rather than imposing your solution;
4. Be mindful of the language you use by framing a problem in terms of an opportunity;
5. Instill a healthy self belief in children when they are facing a problem. They listen!